A quick look at Google Tuner
Time to take a quick look google tuner, a powerful and well-designed tool that will allow you to keep your instruments, mainly strings, at the right frequency. If you are a fan of music, its performance or just curious, you will like this article.
Tech giant Google is developing a a collection of tools and games in your browserwhich does not allow us to install apps all the time, it just uses the available resources of our mobile.
For those who study music, Google had launched a vital tool: the metronome, but its latest addition in this area is the Musical Instrument Tuner. Today I will show you how to use it in a simple way.
How to find and use Google Tuner
You might be thinking right now that Google Tuner is exclusively for mobile use, but this is wrong because can be used from any web browser, as long as you configure the audio input. In fact, to make this tutorial I developed it almost entirely on the computer, running tests to compare them on mobile.
Before starting, it is necessary to clarify that the tool allows tuning of any instrument, but it is absolutely necessary that you know what the notes are that you require to complete the task. Another thing you need to know is American notation, which assigns letters of the alphabet to musical notes.
Find Google Tuner easily
Don’t think that it has some complicated procedure easily find google tuner, this is the simplest. I will explain it to you in two steps.
- Open your web browser, it doesn’t matter what it is.
- In the search bar, type “google tuner» and press enter key on keyboard or mobile, search.
Maybe you were expecting a complicated process, but not really. That’s right, Google is looking for you to have them all tools with one click. Basically, if you know how to Google, you know how to go to their tuner.
If you want to use it all the time, you can save it in your favorite pages, if not, you know that it is very simple to find, you won’t lose more than 5 seconds.
Download music Telegram – the best bots to do it
Let’s learn to use it
We’ve reached the funniest part, and the one you’ve surely been waiting for, using Google tuner. Don’t worry, as for your search, it will be very easy to use. I’ll explain it to you in a few steps. Keep in mind that depending on the tool, it may take a little longer or less.
- Open the tool, the first step is to activate the microphone. Of course, at this point the browser will already ask you if you grant the necessary permissions. Activating the audio input is done with the circular button at the bottom.
- Once enabled, a notification will appear indicating that it is listening. The sound quality will appear next to the microphone icon.
- As soon as the tuner detects the note, it will appear on the screen, just below the bow. To find the note, it is necessary to repeat the sound several times.
- The colored arc you will see on the note will help you reach the indicated note. In the case of a stringed instrument, it is necessary to strike the open string (without stepping on any neck) and see the bow while we are playing with the peg.
- At the moment when the pointer is in the center of the bow, we can say that we have reached the note. If it is below, then you need to slightly increase the string tension, and if it is above, then you need to remove something.
This process should be repeated with each string of your instrumentconsider the configuration you want to use, the type of strings and above all, be very careful when tuning, remember that strings can break and cause problems for your limbs or even your face.
American musical code in a few lines
I don’t aspire to teach music lessons, and surely most readers know this code, but for those who are starting out, I decided: briefly explain what it consists of and what are the equivalents in terms of notes of the western universal system?
We all know the western musical notes, it is explained to us by the children Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La and SiThey are the basis of music. Those who study music know that this is a little deeper, but what we want to do is enough.
how a way to make writing easier and learning simpler, gives rise to the American notation, which seeks to reduce each musical note to a single letter. Subsequently, the equivalence of traditional musical notation and the American notation, which is used mainly in the teaching of popular music, was established.
- Do it:C:
- It: TO:
This encryption will be the one we use when configuring our tool with almost any tool.
Alternative apps to customize your tool
If, on the other hand, you prefer to use apps on your mobile to configure your deviceI’m leaving you with a very short list of some alternative apps that I’m sure you’ll love:
It is one of the pioneer applications. With over 100 million downloads and a 4.8 star rating. Plus, it teaches you the most popular chords and has exercises to train your fingers.
precise chromatic tuner
Its interface is very simple, but it does exactly what it offers, fine-tune your tools. It has over 5 million downloads and users have given it 4.2 stars.
This app has two versions, one free and one subscription. This time we will focus on the free one, which has a very light, attractive and friendly interface. To date, it has had over 10 million downloads and a 4.7-star rating from an average of its 237,000 reviews on Google Play.
Fender Guitar Tuner
Famous musical instrument manufacturer Fender has a free app so you can tune your stringed instrument. In addition, it has a chord library, fingering and scale exercises. So far it has 5 million downloads and a rating of 4.7.