Potato fritters don’t have to be boring. Just add to them 2 popular ingredients that we usually have in our fridges. Try it once and you will fall in love with this taste from the first bite.
If you are a fan of potato pancakes, then these will give you a kick. They taste like the best restaurant and you don’t need anything special to make them. See what you need and look in the fridge, then start experimenting with this recipe right away.
How to make potato pancakes differently?
Many cooking enthusiasts wonder what to add to potato pancakes to make them better, but the answer is closer than you might think. It turns out that mashed potatoes are a perfect match for two popular ingredients that we usually associate with pizza or casserole. Enough to make pancakes with a twist add the cheese and ham to the grated potatoesand carry on as usual. Any type of cheese will work here, although hard ones such as Parmesan, Cheddar and Emmental are best. In turn, when it comes to ham, we can choose any favorite type. It is important that both of these ingredients are finely chopped or grated so that they go well with the grated potatoes.
Recipe for potato pancakes with cheese and ham
- 300 g of potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 100 g of hard yellow cheese
- a few slices of ham
- salt and pepper to taste
- fried oil
- sour cream and chives to serve
1. Peel and grate potatoes and onions like cheese. Cut the ham into cubes.
2. Mix all the ingredients with eggs, flour and spices until the mixture is homogeneous.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and spoon small balls onto it. Fry them on both sides on medium flame until golden brown.
4. Put the fried pancakes on a paper towel to dry the excess fat. Serve with sour cream and chopped onion.