President-elect Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (PT) announced this Thursday the names of 12 ministers of his future government, including several women. Journalist Aniel Franco, sister of Rio councilor Mariel Franco in 2018, will be in charge of the Ministry of Racial Equality. Nicia Trinade, president of the Osvaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocrus), will take over the Ministry of Health. The Ministry of Management will be headed by economist Esther Dweck, who held strategic positions in Dilma Rousseff’s government. Luciana Santos, engineer, vice president of Pernambuco and president of PCdoB, will take over the Ministry of Science and Technology, while Cida Gonçalves, an expert on gender and violence against women, will take care of the Ministry of Women.
Lula had already announced singer Margaret Menezes as Minister of Culture, Fernando Haddadi as Minister of Finance, Rui Costa as Chief of Staff, Flavio Dino as Minister of Justice, Jose Mucio Monteiro as Minister of Defense, Mauro Vieira as Minister of Foreign Affairs. The newly elected president informed that in the coming days he will announce names that will be responsible for 13 more ministries.
The names of Silvio Almeida, the lawyer of the Ministry of Human Rights, and Geraldo Alkmin, the elected vice president, who will occupy the Ministry of Industry and Trade, stood out among the announcements made on Thursday. This is not the first time that the vice president will also be a minister. In Lula’s first government, then Vice President José de Alencar was in charge of the Ministry of Defense, while Michel Temer, Dilma’s Vice President, was in charge of Institutional Relations. Secretariat..
Lula chose PT Vice President Marcio Macedo to lead the General Secretariat of his government. Jorge Mesia will occupy the General Prosecutor’s Office (AGU) and Vinícios Carvalho will occupy the General Comptroller’s Office (CGU).
Get acquainted with the list of ministers announced by Lula so far.
- Fernando Haddad 🇧🇷 Ministry Farm
- Flavio Dino – Ministry Justice
- Jose Musio Monteiro – Ministry Protection
- Margaret Menezes 🇧🇷 Ministry Culture:
- Mauro Vieira 🇧🇷 Ministry Foreign relations
- Rui Costa 🇧🇷 Ministry Civil house
- Alexander Padilla – Ministry Institutional relations
- Nicia Trinidad – Ministry Health
- Camilo Santana – Ministry Education:
- Esther Dweck – Ministry Management
- Marcio France – Ministry Ports and airports
- Luciana Santos – Ministry science and technology
- Sida Gonsalves – Ministry Women
- Wellington Diaz – Ministry social development)
- Luis Marinho – Ministry I work
- Aniel Franco – Ministry Racial equality
- Silvio Almeida – Ministry Human rights
- Geraldo Alkmin – Ministry Industry and Commerce