Oh Continuous Provision Benefit (BPC) It is provided monthly to persons with disabilities and seniors over 65 years of age. Its value is equivalent to the current minimum wage. In this regard, taking into account the improvement of the national tax, the beneficiaries of the initiative will receive an amount of R$ 1320 from 2023.
correction of the minimum wage higher than expected inflation for this year, as promised by newly elected President Luis Inacio Lula da Silva (PT). The expansion was made possible by the approval of the Interim PEC, which allowed for the redrafting of next year’s Federal Budget.
Who can register for BPC?
According to the Organic Law of Social Assistance (LOAS), the BPC was created to help seniors aged 65 and over and people with disabilities of any age who are in an economically vulnerable situation.
This year alone, the payment was distributed to 5.3 million Brazilians who met the Federal Government’s eligibility rules.
What do I need to register with BPC?
However, to be part of the initiative it is necessary:
- Be at least 65 years old; or
- Have a disability (of any age);
- Be Brazilian born or naturalized;
- Have Portuguese citizenship as long as you prove you live in Brazil;
- Have an up-to-date registration CadÚnico: less than two years ago;
- Have a family income of up to 1/4 of the minimum wage (303 R$) per person;
- Not receiving any other benefits from INSS, such as unemployment insurance, pension and pension, even from another regime.
In addition, in the case of the elderly, the requirement is that they do not participate in any social security benefits, except for medical assistance and a special compensation pension.
How to apply for BPC?
To apply for a benefit, you must be registered in the Unified Register of Social Programs of the Federal Government (CadÚnico). The order can be made through the application. My INSSaccording to the step below.
- Access the Meu INSS app (available for Android and iOS);
- Log in, if this is your first login, register;
- On the home page, click on the “Agendas/Questions” option;
- Once this is done, click on “New App”;
- Now select the service you want;
- Then click “Update”;
- Check or change contact information;
- Finally, click “Next”.