Brazilians are surprised and celebrate the news of the 2023 income tax. VICTORY?
Many citizens do not know, but exemption from Income Tax can be obtained in several situations.
People who meet the mandatory requirements must declare the tax every year.
The deadline for submitting the document in 2023 starts from March 15 and lasts until May 31.
In this article, you will see in which situations it is possible to get rid of IR. Continue reading.
How does the IR exemption work?
In practice, free tax is given to those who somehow do not meet the criteria for mandatory payment.
Thus, this exemption can be granted in case of serious illness, old age, low income and even dependency. See the following list.
1. Relief from serious illness
Those with any of the following illnesses do not need to declare or collect IR:
- Mental alienation;
- Active tuberculosis;
- Severe neoplasm (malignant tumor);
- Parkinson’s disease;
- Leprosy (leprosy);
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS/HIV);
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Paget’s disease;
- Any paralysis until it is irreversible and disabled.
- Thalidomide syndrome;
- Cystic fibrosis;
- severe nephropathy (pathologies that lead to kidney failure);
- severe liver disease (hepatitis, liver tumors and liver diseases);
- Severe heart disease (arrhythmia, valve disease, hypertension, etc.);
- ankylosing spondyloarthritis;
- Radiation pollution.
2. Exemption for lower incomes
Brazilians who earned less than R$28,559.70 in 2022 are also exempt from income tax. This means that the taxpayer had an annual income below the specified minimum amount, guaranteeing exemption from payment.
3. Age exemption
Seniors over the age of 65 who had a pension or pension of up to R$24,751.74 per year can benefit from the IR exemption.
However, those who receive another source of income, such as rent, must declare and collect the tax.
4. Freedom from addiction
Finally, people who are classified as dependents in any other statement can use the exemption.
However, it will be necessary to implement the declaration so that the state system can cross-check the data.
Who needs to declare income tax?
According to the Federal Revenue, it is necessary to file an income tax return who:
- Received taxable income above BRL 28,559.70;
- Received exempt, non-taxable income or income that is taxed exclusively at source in excess of BRL 40,000.00;
- Annual gross income of more than R$142,798.50 was received from rural activities;
- It is intended to compensate the losses caused by rural activities in this or previous years with the incomes of this or future years.
- Possession or ownership of property or right, including bare land, on December 31 of the calendar year (BRL)
- Capital gains from the sale of assets or rights that are subject to taxation;
- It opted for exemption from taxation of capital gains on sale of residential property followed by acquisition of another within 180 days;
- Carried out operations in stock, commodity, futures and similar exchanges.
- He became a resident of Brazil in any month and was in that state on December 31 of the calendar year.
How to apply for exemption from income tax?
Taxpayers who wish to apply for Income Tax exemption can access the Meu INSS application. Just follow the steps below.
- Log in to the My INSS application;
- Click the “new order” button;
- Enter the name of the service you want;
- Find and check the version;
- Read the text and proceed by following all the instructions mentioned in the application.
The exclusion can also be requested by calling 135 or through the official website. Later, just follow the order updates and wait for the result.