LAS VEGAS, NV – UFC flyweight Erin Blanchfield is aiming for a five-streak UFC win when she takes on Taila Santos at UFC APEX on Feb. 18.
Blanchfield broke the news when morning combat on Tuesday.
Blanchfield (10-1) has racked up four straight wins since entering the UFC. Her only loss on record is a split defeat to Tracy Cortez when the two compete. For the Invicta FC team in February 2019.
Santos (19-2) is on course to lose to current champion Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 275. Shevchenko (23-3) won the fight via split decision. Many criticized Santos for doing enough to overthrow the championship.
Santos had to undergo surgery to repair an eye injury she sustained during the fight.
Blanchfield seems to have put her name on the shortlist. of contenders for the flyweight title And Santos looked set to return to the title with an impressive victory over one of the division’s rising stars.
The UFC Fight Night card on Feb. 18 looks like this:
- Tyla Santos vs Erin Blanchfield
- Gabriel Benitez vs Jim Miller
- William Knight vs. Marcin Prachino
- Temba Gorimbo vs Billy Goff
- Evan Elder vs. Nazim Sadykhov
- Benoit Saint-Denis vs Joe Solecki
- Juancamilo Ronderos vs Clayton Carpenter
- Abus Magomedov and Gerald Meerschaert
- Philipe Lins vs. Ovince Saint Preux
The event is expected to take place at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas.