From Strzelczyk, a sensational patent for oven lard. It will amaze even the best housewives
If you make your own lard, it will definitely be much better than store-bought. See what Tomek Strzelczyk is doing to make this profession really stand out. You may be very surprised.
AdobeStock, Instagram/give back the apron
Homemade fat is the perfect snack between larger meals. It goes well with fresh bread and cucumbers. Such lard can be purchased at almost any grocery store, but nothing beats the taste of home-made lard. Especially when you prepare it according to Tomasz Strzelczyk’s recipe. It will be delicious and very special thanks to the unusual preparation. It is very simple to prepare and will not take much of your time.
Lard from the oven
We are all used to the fact that lard is simply fried, this is when the fat melts from the fat. Tomasz Strzelczyk, however, offers something completely different. unusual solution.
About baking fat instead of frying individual ingredients. This method is also good for novice cooks as it is a bit easier than the traditional method.
Lard recipe by Tomasz Strzelczyk
- dry marjoram
- a few balls of allspice,
- a few bay leaves
- 2.5 kg of fresh pork fat,
- a few cloves of garlic
Method of preparation:
- First wash, burn and dry the jars thoroughly.
- Then cut the bacon into strips and then grind it with a meat grinder (choose a sieve with a coarse mesh).
- Put 1 clove of garlic in each container (squeeze gently beforehand). Add a few grains of fragrant pepper and a bay leaf.
- Apply ground pork fat on these ingredients (up to 3/4 of the height of the jar). Press it gently, but not too hard.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and half a teaspoon of salt over each container.
- Cover each jar with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Be sure to put a silicone pad first to prevent the jars from cracking.
- Put them in a cold oven and set it to 190 degrees Celsius.
- The lard will be ready in about 1.5 hours. After this time, remove it from the oven and gently mix the contents of each container. the pupae will then combine with the resulting fat.
- Then put the lard in a cooler place for a while to harden.