The lightweight UFC duo will look back into the win column in August.
on Thursday, Iridium Sports Agency announced that their client Charlie Ontiveros will fight Gabriel Benitez at UFC San Diego on August 13.
🚨 #Team Iridium Fight news 🚨
— IridiumSportsAgency (@TeamIridiumISA) July 15, 2022
Ontiveros (11-8) will be looking for his first UFC victory when he enters the Octagon in August.”The American Bad Boy” briefly made his promotional debut with Kevin Holland up the weight class But lost the fight when he suffered a neck injury due to a slam. In his second appearance He returned lighter against Steve Garcia but lost by TKO in the second round.
Benitez (22-10) Looking to snap his two-fight skid. Earlier this year in February, “Moggly” was knocked down by David Onama, and before that, Billy Quarantillo ended his 2021 solo fight. In 2020, he won Performance of the Night when he finished Justin Jaynes on the knee. to the body
UFC San Diego takes place on August 13 and is led by Marlon Vera and Dominick Cruz.
The following battles were reported for the cards:
- Dominic Cruise vs. Marlon Vera
- Yazmin Yauregi vs. Iasmin Lucindo
- Gerald Mirchard vs. Bruno Silva
- Devin Clark vs. Azamat Murzakanov
- Sara McMann vs. Aspen Ladd
- Martin Buday vs. Lukasz Brzeski
- Viviane Araujo vs. Alexa Grasso
- Allan Nascimento and Malcom Gordon
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Charlie Ontiveros