Juan dreamed of living in the kitchen, and while training under some of the country’s most prestigious chefs, he began to to be interested in nutrition and especially for the little ones in the house. His suggestions to get school eaters to switch to healthier, nutritious and tastier food are paying off and he is currently advising many on the most recommended menu for students. You are the creator of the movement #PorUnaEscuelaBienNutridaauthor of without teeth and tips and co-author of in everyone’s mouth🇧🇷
Your fight is not easy. Raising awareness among priests and schools about the importance of healthy eating for children and making money with them enemies in the food industry, it has not been a road of roses. But the purpose and satisfaction that chef Juan Lorca gave him will be the key to the change that deserves the punishment.
– According to your experience, what are the basics of healthy eating from an early age?
-The example on the part of all family members when sharing the table with them; get them involved in everything we can during setting the table, cooking, shopping, thinking about the family menu and darles completes childhood autonomy para que coman la candidad que quieran y se autogestionen sin presiones, ni coacciones. Obviously offering, as adults, always healthy options.
– After the whole day at school and after extracurricular activities, how important is the stage in the children’s daily life?
-All foods play a role throughout the day to be able to give them the nutrients they need to grow. and we can enjoy the scene to offer food groups that may not be available as much at school, such as vegetables or legumes.
-¿How can you reeducate children’s palates towards healthy meals?
-With patience, without pressure or agony, with the support of the whole family, knowing that there is nothing that cannot be changed, but if I mean that what we have done before, for better or for worse, they will influence .
“The day adults get out of their heads, when children don’t like vegetables and who don’t want them, we start eating them as usual, giving them the importance they deserve, and learn to prepare them as best as possible, then something will change”
-¿How do we get our children to eat vegetables without it being torture?
– The day when adults get rid of their heads that children don’t like vegetables and that they don’t want, and we start eating them as usual, giving them the importance they deserve and learning how to prepare them as best as possible. so something will change.
– Cooking methods, which ones to improve and which ones to choose, especially during the stage?
-The scene should not be different from the rest of the food. For her, therefore, fried, sauteed, steamed, boiled, oven, microwave… It will depend on the day, on the food, on what we want to cook… It’s not so much a matter of cooking methods, but of what is being cooked.
-La presentation is vital for children, sometimes we resort to salsas, alinhos, breaded, gratin and other things to try them, but is this a recommended habit?
-No, it’s not. Presentation is just as important to a child as it is to an adult, and food masking and the plates of salsa, “caritas smiles”, “dibujitos” and other triquiñuelas, a la wide, we do not improve anything.
Albachaca and anchovy cream
- 3 years
- 1/2 puero
- 2 kg of tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 bunch of albachka
- 1 can of anchovies
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
We take the onion, the puerh, the wings, the chopped stalk of albahak and add a little salt. Allow a few minutes to pass.
Cut the tomatoes and potatoes.
When you have it, add the anchovies, give it a few turns, and add the tomato, patata, albacha leaves, pizza with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Cover with water.
Dea cook for 30 minutes and grinded. Depending on the water you have, it will be more or less creamy. Serve and accompany with picatos and choritos with olive oil.
Pastel Crujiente with vegetables and cheese
- 300 g grated calabacin
- 215 g canned zucchini and stews
- 50 g grated cucumbers
- 240 g peeled/chopped tomatoes
- 4 pcs
- 200 g grated queso to melt
- 50 g grated queso for gratin
- 8-10 sheets of phyllo pasta
- 1 cu. sop. from the albahaka
- 1 cu. sop. of acceptance
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, except the cheese au gratin. Mix well and add some albachka and salt.
Grease the mold with a dollop of oil and place the filo pasta sheets on top of each other and cover the whole shape. Rellena con la mezcla y termina con el queso para gratin. Gather the ends of the filo pastry inside and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
recommendations of the chef
- kitchen and preparation foods from a logical point of view, without hiding and without deceiving the eye. Attractive presentation but “real”.
- Salt in its fair measure it is not bad. The problem is not in the salt we use – with the head, but in the already cooked, frozen or processed products that we put on the menu and have an excess of salt. Salting leeks or cream is not bad as long as you cook it sensibly and without hiding the flavor behind it.
- If the coleslaw menu in the middle of the day abuses meat, is sweetened with legumes or vegetables, make up at home giving this group foods that are not consumed as much. It promotes quality protein of animal origin and offers more cooked and fresh vegetables as well as fruits on the scene.
- The ratios are very variable according to each household, but in general white meats: 2-3 times a week; huevos: 3-4 (although they may be offered daily); vegetables: minimum 3-4; fish: 3-4 times, alternating between blue and white, and red meat: at most 1 time a week or every quarter day.
- What you don’t have at home, you don’t eat🇧🇷 Look for a healthy pantry with lots of greens, fruits, vegetables, vegetables and quality meat. A varied and seasonal diet is a good option. Avoid unhealthy processed foods and ultra-processed foods.
- easy and fast🇧🇷 It helps a lot in planning the weekly menus and creating a shopping list according to that planning. This organization will allow you to prepare a balanced scene.
- A few examples? Try to offer your children a vegetable cream with seeds, a new mushroom dish, a full salad, fish al horno with potatoes, hummus with whole grain toast, tomato, extra virgin olive oil and salt. I’m sure you win!
The nutritionist-nutritionist specializing in nutrition education gives us his keys on the spot to make the scene balanced and delicious food for children, but to lay the foundations of a healthy and definitive diet.
Maria has devoted many years to helping many individuals and families from her appointment as a nutritionist-nutritionist to harmonize their food diets and improve their quality of life. As a specialist in food education and effective communication to learn how to eat healthy with flexibilitynadie mejor que ella para hablarnos de las mejores cena para nuestros hijos y de los tips que nos llevarán a conserga que nos coman saludable y Delicious.
- whole wheat pasta
- boiled red lentils
- ¼ of the onion
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- avocado salsa (mejor casera)
Haz la pasta in the water as indicated on the package. Put the tomatoes in a casserole together with a little olive oil and onion. Cook on medium heat until all the water has burned off. Reservation. For salsa de aguacate, machaca medio aguacate, add a spoonful of water and a little pepper. Mix everything and serve.
Recommendations from a nutritionist
1. matches the following food groups: vegetables + energy food (cereals, tubers or legumes) + protein food (legumes, meat, fish or cucumber) + healthy fats (oil, avocado, dried fruits, etc.) + fruits. For example: baked eggplant sticks with vegetable puree and stews. If in the main meal you have consumed a good portion of protein food of animal origin, eliminate this food from the scene, put the intake of these foods at these ages is limited and it is important not to exceed.
2. Appeal processed only with good quality to save time. For example: canned vegetables, frozen vegetables, boiled potatoes or already cooked cereals. You can also try to cook “more” on a day when you have more time.
3. Plan the family menu by counting the meals school🇧🇷 Thinking about the menu will help you save time, not improvise and make the purchase efficient. Just make a list of foods and choose them based on what you want most for the scene.
4. Prevents little pecking before dinner. It is customary for them to eat something before dinner, and when they sit down at the table, they do not need to eat. To avoid this, you better advance in the scene. if you can not, offer fruit instead of another food that satiates them more.
5. We sat down to dinner in the family🇧🇷 Maybe your kids stage is too early and you don’t feel like dinner. In this case, it is also good to feel with them. You can put some food on the plate as an aperitif. Remember they learn by imitation and one of the keys is to eat sensibly and we can see how we do it.
6. Do not abuse the salt🇧🇷 Up to 2 years, it is recommended not to add salt to food. But, more adelant, it is good not to abuse during the day and especially in the scenes, so that you do not have to drink plenty of fluids at night🇧🇷
7. Offers a scene in a peaceful environment, no distractions (pants, toys, etc.) and if you are too tired. They will be more receptive to trying new foods and enjoying meals as a family.
© ¡HOLA! Reproduction of this report and its photographs in whole or in part is prohibited without crediting their origin.