How do I change my name on Google Meet?
How do I change my name on Google Meet? It’s a question that may arise when using it, especially the first few times. If this has been a recurring question, don’t worry, in this article we will cover this topic and explain step by step how to change your name within the platform.
You probably know this, but Google Meet is one of the most popular platforms used in all parts of the world for scheduling and scheduling. conduct official meetings over the Internet. It was already widely used before the pandemic, as it is part of the tools of the tech giant Google.
There have been many changes that have brought Google Meet to where it is, even It has changed its name and its interface. In this article you will learn how to change my name in Google Meet in a very dynamic and simple way.
Learn how to change my name on Google Meet from my computer
It doesn’t matter from which device you want to join your meetings or even chat via Google Meet chat. In this part we will explain step by step How to change my name on Google Meet from your computer.
Although Google Meet has its own website, It’s common to sign in directly from your Gmail, in the event that we will apply in this application. The steps you need to follow are:
- Sign in to your Gmail account as usual. If you went directly to the Google Meet page, the process is basically the same, but you’ll need to sign in before it works.
- Your profile picture will appear in the upper corner of the screen, click here and a large number of options will be displayed. In my case registered emails appear.
- Click the button “Manage your Google Account“. This will open a new tab.
- In the left column you will find several options that interest you in this opportunity.Personal information“. Here you have to click.
- Open the new version, you will find some basic elements of your personal information such as name, profile picture, gender and date of birth. We continue to press the option “Name:“. No matter which area you click on, it will still redirect you.
- The name screen has two editable options, the first with the user’s real name and the second with the nickname. A name refers to the official name we use on our account, while a nickname can be anything we find interesting and that we want to be seen by.
- To edit we have to click on the small pencil that appears on the right. This redirects us to a new screen to write our nickname. One advantage is that we can use virtually any character.
- When typing in the edit box, the button “Save” will be activated, so in the end we have to click on it.
- When the new nickname is saved, you will return to the screen where the name and nickname appear, but now you will have a new option:The name to display“. This gives you a choice if you want to be seen by your name or your nickname. Once clicked, it will show you what it will look like, and you decide which one is best.
Once you’re done, you can join a meeting to see if the change was successful, so you’ll have an idea of how your colleagues and friends will see your name.
Discover how to change my name on Google Meet from mobile
The process of changing the name that appears on Google Meet from your mobile is very similar to what we just did on a computer. If you want to do this, I will also show you step by step so that you can repeat the process, this time from your mobile.
- The first step is to open the Meet app on your mobile. It comes pre-installed on Android devices, so if you’re using it for the first time, you’ll find it among Google apps.
- Upon entering, Meet will explain to you that it used to be called Duo, but it has evolved into a more impressive and modern platform. Here you need to click on your profile photo, which is located in the upper right corner. If you are opening it for the first time, you will need to enter your credentials and login.
- A screen with all the accounts associated with the device will appear, here you need to press the button “Google account“, which basically goes into the options menu.
- You will enter your Google Account settings, you will see your name, email and some options. We are particularly interested in “Personal information“. You’ll see this on the home screen, but if not, you can scroll down to the header below your email address.
- You need to scroll down a bit until you reach your name, where you need to click to enter this option.
- Here you can see both your name and nickname. To change them, you need to lightly press the pencil that appears on the right. Remember that your name is the official part, while the nickname is more informal, both fully editable.
- Enter your nickname or change your name. In both cases, after editing, the button “Save” will go away when you type something. Click on it at the end of the publication.
- If you have edited a nickname, when you save and exit, you will see an option of how you want your nickname to be. It is recommended that you choose the path that you like the most, or even if you prefer that only your name is visible.
Once you’re done, you can start a new singles match like that You can directly see how it will affect your next meeting From Google Meet. If you don’t like it at all, you can repeat the process as many times as you think necessary and be completely satisfied with the result.
How Google Meet works and how to get the most out of it
You can already see first-hand how to change my name in Google Meet, both on your mobile phone and from a web browser on your computer. Remember to keep a name according to the type of profile and its use.