How to get rid of keyboard vibration on Android
It is one of those things that we pay less attention to, although it is important to say that it has accompanied us from time to time on the initial phone. Vibrations become fundamental in the terminal for any message alerts, also over time they are applied when writing in any application.
Even if they disappear over time, it’s the user who has to decide whether to remove them from their device, as keyboards incorporate them by default. Sometimes it’s nice to have this knowing that we wrote in one of the utilities used at that time.
With this tutorial we detail how to get rid of keyboard vibration on an android phone, also edit in which apps you want and which don’t. For the rest, it’s up to you and not the software, to enable it by default on many phones.
How to make the keyboard big on Android
A feature available on many smartphones
Although it will disappear, the vibration of the keyboard over time is being disabled, it happens in a lot of terminals, especially those that have Swiftkey installed as an app. That said, it’s important to mention that this is due to the fact that it’s not fully usable and doesn’t look particularly useful in broad strokes.
Gboard is one of the keyboards that maintains vibration on the keyboard, this has happened to cellphones since two years ago, and this has even happened throughout 2022 and 2023. It’s annoying because it vibrates when you write long sentencesTherefore, if you wish to delete it, you can do so throughout any session.
Vibration if you want can be placed outside the keyboard, more precisely in calls, it is important if you have a phone in your pocket and you are waiting for an important call. This is usually always enabled by default, while we can make changes if we want to that profile.
How to get rid of keyboard vibration on Android – Gboard
The formula to get rid of keyboard vibration on your Android device It’s not complicated, though you’ll have to go through the steps if you want to do without it. The good thing about it is that if you want you can enable it again following the same pattern, therefore it can be restored if you see that it suits you or someone else, as long as you remove it for your own or personal use. other.
Tremor when writing any part of text is a problem over time, unless you know it’s for writing, it’s fine. Remember that any vibration will be good in other aspectssuch as when receiving a call, being one of the preferred notifications in the past, when you silence the device.
If you want to get rid of keyboard vibration from your device on Gboardfollow this step:
- The first step is to have to go to Gboard, click “Settings” on your device
- Go to the “System” tab, press it and you will access the internal options
- Click “Language and text input” and click “Virtual Keyboard”
- Hover over “Gboard” and tap it again
- Go to the option that says “Preferences” and within that you have a wide variety choice
- Turn off the setting that says “Haptic feedback on tap”, after that try any app and you will see vibration is disabled
This will remove vibrations from the Gboard app, not from anything elseIt’s true that this is one of those apps that tend to generate more vibrations due to the many utilities we use. If you find it annoying, we recommend disabling it and then re-enabling it when you need it on the Gboard keyboard.
Remove keyboard vibration in Swiftkey
After seeing how to get rid of keyboard vibration on Gboard, it’s time to take a look at Swiftkey, an application acquired by Microsoft, has millions of users, more than 1 billion downloads. It is one of the most convenient applications to use, it is quite complete and integrates a lot of functions once you start using it.
It’s an easy process to do, it will take a while, it’s something very similar to what happens with the Google app as far as the keyboard is concerned. Vibrate mode becomes an option after you typeif you do, you’ll be able to see that it’s useful to know that you’re writing.
To turn off keyboard vibration in SwiftkeyDo the following:
- Go to “Settings” on your device, in the gear
- Go to “System” and then “Language and text input”
- Click “Virtual Keyboard” to access the Swiftkey keyboard
- Click on Swiftkey and then on “Compose”
- Click on “Sounds and vibration”
- Within sound and vibration you should disable the option that says “Vibration on key press” or “Use Android default vibration”, remove the first as well as the second
If you have removed it, you will see it after tapping on any app that uses Swiftkey It won’t vibrate and that’s normal in this case, wish it wasn’t used in this app and other apps we use. The normal thing besides that is if you are using the Android browser it will also disappear after you do this and save it.
Turn off vibration on touch
Android is an operating system that integrates vibration by defaultIt’s something you can remove if you want and certain device keyboards don’t use it. It’s likely disabled by default in versions higher than Android 10 onwards, this also occurs in Android 11, Android 12, and Android 13.
To turn off vibration when touchingfollow all these steps:
- Go to “Settings” and click to open various options
- Click on “Sounds or Settings”
- Go to “Sounds and vibration”
- Look for the setting that says Keyboard vibration”, hit “Disable” and wait for this to happen, you can try it if you want it on your phone, in any of the apps
- And ready