Streaming content from your phone to your TV is beneficial if you want to share something on your phone for multiple people to see. It’s also great for mobile-only videos you want to watch on the big screen (e.g. a Spotify video podcast).
If you’re scratching your head about how to mirror your Samsung phone’s screen to your TV, we’ve got you covered. This easy step-by-step guide will give you instructions on how to stream what you want to your smart TV.
How to Cast Your Samsung Phone to Your TV
Make sure your smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Samsung phone. Do not worry; your TV does not need to be a Samsung TV to connect to your device.
1. Navigate to the content you want to stream to your TV, whether it’s the TikTok app, a webpage in Google Chrome, or the Photos app.
2. Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the quick settings panel (this is where you’ll find Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc.)
3. Swipe left and you will find the smart view icon (the play button inside a circle). play it
4. All your discoverable devices (and “castables”) will appear. Tap your TV.
5. A pop-up message asking: “Start mirroring with Smart View?” it will show up. tap on Start now.
6. On your TV, you may receive a message asking you to allow an incoming broadcast request. Using your remote, accept it.
Oops! Simple as that, your phone’s content should appear on your TV screen without any problems.