Michael “Venom” Page vs. Goiti Yamauchi amongst Bellator 292.
The third Bellator MMA card of 2023 brings together more fighters. Including important fights in the welterweight version
Bellator 292, which takes place on March 10, 2023, will see Michael “Venom” Page (20-2) face Goiti Yamauchi in a welterweight bout.
The main card matchup was announced Wednesday along with several preliminary card matchups, including: Julius Anglickas (10-3) vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov (19-7-1) in light heavyweight, Bobby Seronio III (3-0) vs. Alberto Garcia (2-0) in bantam vet, Enrique Barzola (18-7-2) ) vs. Erik Perez (20-8) at bantamweight and Khalid Murtazaliev (15-3) vs. Tony Johnson (9-3) at middleweight. weight The ending of the recently announced race was not light. Islam Mamedov (22-2-1) vs Shamil Nikayev (10-0, 1 NC)
The return of “MVP” will be his first action since the May 2022 loss to Logan Storley for the promotion’s interim welterweight title. In his second loss as a professional Page has decided to part ways with “Storm” Stormy and will face returning welterweight champion Yaroslav Amozov in a title bout later this month. While Page looks set to jump back to the top with Brazilian Yamauchi.
Goiti Yamauchi has won three in a row, most recently beating Neiman Gracie in August last year. The 30-year-old has spent the past decade in promotion. Starting at featherweight in 2013, then moving to lightweight in 2016. In 2022, Yamauchi was promoted to welterweight. Which until now he was undefeated.
The Bellator 292 is scheduled to take place at the SAP Center in San Jose, California on March 10. The following competition has been announced for the card by the promotion:
- Usman Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Benson Henderson — For Bellator MMA Lightweight Championship / Grand Prix Lightweight Quarterfinals
- Tofik Musayev vs. Alexander Chabli — Grand Prix Lightweight quarter-finals
- Valentin Modowski vs Linton Vassell
- Michael Page vs. Goiti Yamauchi
- Leandro Higo vs. James Gallagher
- Enrique Barzola vs Eric Perez
- Keri Taylor Melendez and Bruna Ellen
- Cas Bell vs. Josh Hill
- Islam Mamedov vs Shamil Nikayev
- Khalid Murtazaliev and Tony Johnson
- Julius Anglickas with Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov
- Bobby Ceronio III vs. Alberto Garcia
- Laird Anderson vs. Rogelio Luna
- Wladmir Gouvea and Sean Tucker
- Theo Haig vs. Adam Wamsley
- Dupree Stewart vs Demetri Georgiades