Women’s Flyweight Boxing, starring Miranda Maverick and Shanna Young, is the newest member of UFC 278.
Pay-per-view tickets August 20, 2022 are set for Vivint Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah. Both fighters confirmed their bookings on social media on Thursday, according to preliminary reports by MMA Junkie.
The fight was a rematch of the pair’s 2018 Invicta Phoenix Series 2, where Maverick won the submission — and went on to win a one-night tournament. Since the opening of two Pheonix Series fights is a single exhibition. The fight therefore does not appear in Maverick’s official records, but there is little doubt Young will be motivated for revenge as well.
Maverick (10-4) recently returned to the triumphant column with a bare-backed “Colombian Queen” Sabina Mazo, having previously lost a one-on-one battle with her 125-pound duo. Erin Blanchfield and Maycee Barber
Overall, Miranda Maverick is 3-2 inside the Octagon, starting her UFC run with two successive wins.
Young (8-4) had just returned to the victory column, overseeing a TKO victory against Gina Mazany. That put the Invicta alum’s record of 1-2 in the UFC. “The Shanimal” previously appeared on “The Shanimal.” Dana White’s Contender Series too.
UFC 278 will take place on August 20, 2022, with Kamaru Usman placing his wrestler at the front line with Leon Edwards in the main event. The following battles are expected to appear on the cards:
- Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Leon Edwards – for the UFC Welterweight Championship
- José Aldo and Merab Dvalishvili
- Paolo Costa vs. Luke Rockhold
- Francisco Figueiredo and Amir Albazi
- Marcin Tybura with Alexander Romanov
- Leonardo Santos vs. Jared Gordon
- Wu Yanan vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Tyson Pedro vs. Harry Hansucker
- Daniel Lazerda vs Victor Altamirano
- Aori Qileng vs. Jay Perrin
- AJ Fletcher vs. Ange Loosa
- Sean Woodson vs. Louis Saldana
- Miranda Maverick vs. Shanna Young