IF you straighten your hair every day, chances are you’ve considered chemically relaxing it to save time in the morning.
After all, the treatment is pretty common these days and promises to leave you with silky smooth locks for up to SEVEN months.
That said, one woman kept us guessing with her hairdressing horror story.
Earlier this week, Laura Jarvie explained in a viral TikTok how she ended up losing half her hair thanks to her stylist’s massive oversight.
She wrote: “Thinking about the time I had my hair permed and the chick went out to lunch and it overgrown and half my hair fell off at the roots…”
Laura then shared horrifying photos of the botched treatment – including a HUGE pile of fried hair covering the salon floor.
Although Laura still had enough hair left to put it in a ponytail, her scalp was left red from the chemicals.
And where large chunks of the back of her head had been torn off, Laura was left with what looked like a partial elf.
But now that her luscious brown hair has grown back, Laura can see the funny side of things.
She quipped, “At least [the hairdresser] had her fish and chips’.
According to hair care expert Philip Kingsley, chemical straightening can cause “mass breakage” if left on for too long – which is what happened to Laura.
She writes on her website: “If your hair is already fine (for example, if you have naturally tight curls or heavily bleached hair), relaxers can seriously damage your strands.
“Straightening the hair while styling can sometimes stretch the hair shaft. This leaves the hair with insufficient elasticity to withstand common styling procedures such as brushing and blow-drying.”
Needless to say, Laura’s clip left viewers in shock – with people calling for her to take legal action against the salon.
I had my hair chemically straightened and the chick went to lunch, it over developed and half my hair broke off at the roots.
One replied: “OMG this is so bad. I would cry.”
Another added: “NEW FEAR UNLOCKED.”
“This is terrible,” added another. “To be fair, I’d probably still smile and nod and say thank you at the end.
In more beauty horror stories, this beautician boasted that she was the only one “brave” to do a client’s lashes – but lets herself be furious about ‘caterpillar’ extensions.
And this humiliated woman left ‘looking like a smurf’ after her hair dye failed… and her biggest fear is what her nanny will say.
Plus, people are using MAGIC ERASERS to whiten their teeth on TikTok – but experts warn it’s incredibly dangerous.