Close sticky videoEnglish 

Ricky Martin denies restraining order allegations

Content of the article

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Puerto Rican superstar Ricky Martin on Sunday denied the allegations that led to a restraining order, saying police said he has not been charged with any crime.

Police said Saturday that a judge had issued a warrant against Martin, but authorities trying to execute the warrant were unable to locate the singer in the Puerto Rican city of Dorado, where he lives. The warrant was filed under Puerto Rico’s domestic violence law, and police spokesman Axel Valencia said he could not provide itional details, including who requested the warrant.

Martin said in a tweet that the order was based on “completely false” allegations and that he would face trial “with the responsibility that characterizes me.”

“I appreciate the countless gestures of solidarity and accept them wholeheartedly,” he wrote.

He said that since this is an open legal matter, he could not comment further.

Content of the article

Sorry, but this video could not be loaded.

Representatives for Martin previously released a statement describing the allegations as “completely false and fabricated.” She did not name the representatives.

“We are very confident that when the true facts of this matter come to light, our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated,” they said in a statement shared with The Associated Press.

The Puerto Rican newspaper El Vocero reported that the warrant states that Martin and the other person had been dating for seven months. The report cites an order that they separated two months ago, but the appellant says Martin has not come to terms with the separation and has been seen loitering near the appellant’s home at least three times.

“The petitioner fears for his safety,” the order quoted El Vocero as saying.

AP did not receive a copy of the order.

Sorry, but this video could not be loaded.

Related posts

Leave a Comment