Samsung Galaxy S23 smartphones may run with proprietary Exynos chipsEnglish 

Samsung Galaxy S23 smartphones may run with proprietary Exynos chips

Samsung traditionally uses the latest generation of Qualcomm Snapdragon processors and its own Exynos chips in its flagship Galaxy S series smartphones, depending on the region of sale. However, the situation may change with future Galaxy S23 devices.

According to respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who is known for his very accurate predictions about upcoming mobile devices, all the smartphones in the Galaxy S23 family will be based on the Qualcomm platform. For the Galaxy S22 (pictured), Snapdragon variants account for around 70% of sales, with Exynos chips accounting for the remaining 30%.

According to Mr. Kuo, the Qualcomm SM8550 processor will be chosen for the Galaxy S23 devices. According to rumors, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 product is hidden under this name. The chip is believed to have an unusual four-cluster architecture in a 1+2+2+3 configuration: a powerful Cortex X3 core (Makalu-Elp), two Cortex A720 cores (Makalu), two Cortex A710 cores (Matterhorn). ) and three Cortex A510 cores (Klein-R1). The solution will reportedly include an Adreno 740 graphics accelerator and an advanced 5G modem. The SM8550 processor will be manufactured using TSMC’s 4nm process.

Ming-Chi Kuo notes that Samsung may abandon Exynos in favor of Snapdragon, as its next-generation chips will lose out to rival products in terms of performance and power consumption. The official presentation of Galaxy S23 smartphones is planned for the beginning of next year.

Related posts

Leave a Comment