Thinking. The 5 most important points of mindful eating
the importance of mindful eating and how to put these techniques into practice was the topic of the talking wheel what? with Louise Bittencourtcolumnist for Good body about consciousness, and the nutritionist Marcela Garces was broughtFood re-education. mindful eating workshop” during House of clans this Thursday (9).
The event was held in unprecedented collaboration with brands CLAUDIA:, Good body, baby.com: It is elastic, will take place from March 8 to 11. to mark International Women’s Daythe program is packed with activities and presentations, and is based on Casa Higienópolis (Avenida Higienópolis, 758, Consolação). See the full schedule here.
What is mindful eating?
mindful eating is a practice that involves full attention the process of eating, focusing on the present moment and without judgment. It’s a sensible approach that encourages people to be more mindful of food choices, hunger and satiety cues, and the overall eating experience.
Rather than eating spontaneously, distractedly, or out of habit, experts say, mindful eating involves being present during meals and enjoying eating with all your senses. This includes paying attention to the look, smell, taste and texture of food, as well as the physical and emotional sensations that accompany the eating experience.
The purpose of this practice is to develop a a healthier and more conscious relationship with food, promoting more nutritious food choices and reducing disordered eating behaviors. Additionally, as nutritionist Marcela Garces explains, practicing mindful eating can help reduce overeating and improve digestion, as eating slowly and mindfully allows the body to process food better.
“It’s important to emphasize that when we say mindful eating is a type diet, this does not mean that the goal is weight loss. “Diet is a way of life and eating habits should be part of our daily routine and be able to be applied in practice,” warns the doctor.
Practice step by step
Louise Bittencourt, Technical Specialist mindset, explains that the practice should be gradually introduced into everyday life. The important thing is to take moments to eat when possible so that you don’t rush and pay attention to the food. Here are some expert tips on how to practice mindfulness:
- Before eating, the first step is to analyze your hunger level on a scale of zero to 10. this will be essential when serving yourself or thinking about the amount of food you are going to cook.
- Before eating, take a deep breath, close your eyes, check the state of your body, eliminate tension in the shoulders, legs, face;
- Open your eyes, look at the plate and analyze the appearance of the food. There are several types of hunger, and one of them comes with eyes, so take a look and find out which features of the plate appeal to you the most;
- Smell the aromas of your food, this action can release saliva, so see if you like the aroma;
- Take a mouthful according to your hunger level;
- Allow the food to travel in your mouth and observe the change in the release of salt (close your eyes if you prefer). Pay attention to the changes in taste (sweet, lemon, spicy, bitter…) in different parts of the tongue.
- Chew very slowly and see if the taste changes while chewing, try to slow down;
- Before taking another bite, analyze your hunger and whether it is worth another bite. If possible, take breaks and put your silverware on the table before serving more.
In reality, where it is increasingly difficult to stay away from screens, be it television, computer or mobile phone, the question arises how to break the addiction to entertainment during meals. Louise Bittencourt explains that you don’t have to completely limit yourself to these moments, but it’s important to re-educate yourself to make the moment healthier.
“Everyone likes to eat and watch a movie or series on a Saturday night, and it’s hard to choose a healthier snack for those occasions. My advice is to give preference to small portions. Are you going to make popcorn? Make a smaller bucket, grab the popcorn one at a time instead of filling your hands. Everything is a matter of habit, and over time we get used to it,” he advises.
How to participate in Casa CLAN?
The Clan House will be open to the public March 9-11. To participate, simply check the full schedule and then select your preferred days. Access registration links.
About Casa CLAN
House of Clans will take place from March 8 to 11 at Casa Higienópolis in São Paulo and is an initiative of our wonderful female voices at Editora Abril; Good body, CLAUDIA:, baby.com: It is elasticis sponsored MSD: It is buscofem:and support kia, Intimissimi, Calcedonia, Sculpture, ANK Jewellery It is LinkedIn:.
During the four days of events, the feminine spirit that exists in all of us will be awakened through a series of inspiring experiences and debates on the most relevant topics of gender equality in society. balance, physical and mental health, career, welfare parental, luxurious, calm, literature It is self-awareness some of the topics that will frame the conversation are seminars and presentations.
Casa Clan is sponsoring MSD: It is buscofem:and support kia, Intimissimi, Calcedonia, Sculpture, ANK Jewelry, LinkedIn: It is Room.