Entertainment 

TSE has 38 rulings favoring Lula and 6 favoring Bolsonaro on fake news

The Supreme Electoral Court (TSE) has handed down at least 38 decisions so far this Friday (14) favoring the campaign of former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (PT) when the topic is the spread of fake news against the PT.

Meanwhile, six decisions were made in favor of requests made by President Jair Bolsonaro (PL) for the same reason.

Just this week, Lula’s team succeeded in overturning in court a video by councilor and elected federal deputy Nicolas Ferreira (PL-MG) against the PT, dispelling fake news linking the PT to the distribution of an “erotic pamphlet.” “, in addition to Bolsonaro’s ads, which linked the former president to criminals.

Additionally, the TSE ordered the removal four times of records falsely linking Lula and the PT to the PCC (Primeiro Comando da Capital) criminal faction. The Electoral Court also removed publications that tried to falsely link the PA to the murder of Celso Daniel, the invasion of churches, and the persecution of Christians and encouragement of drug use.

In Bolsonaro’s case, the TSE ordered the removal of Lula’s ad linking the president to the act of cannibalism. This Thursday (13), the Court upheld the decision to suspend this advertisement.

The legal teams of the two presidential candidates are fighting the TSE over postings and reports that the two campaigns and their allies published on social media, television and radio.

Lula’s campaign filed 64 actions in the TSE due to fake news. At the same time, Bolsonaro filed seven lawsuits in this regard.

In a session last Thursday (13), the President of the Supreme Electoral Court, Alexander de Moraes, said that there is what he called “disinformation in its second generation”.

“One is the manipulation of real territories, but with a false conclusion. Another is the use of traditional media for “fake news”. Campaigns start reproducing materials from these machines as if they are publishing a journalistic article, and this cannot be accepted by the Electoral Justice. You can’t admit that it’s traditional rental media,” Moraes said.

Also in this Thursday’s session (13), Minister Ricardo Lewandowski said that the presented “information disorder” is serious and could endanger the free formation of voters.

“We are facing a new phenomenon – disinformation, which is beyond fake news. The voter, the ordinary citizen, is not ready to receive this kind of information disturbances,” he declared.

Related posts

Leave a Comment