After Christmas, do you eat vegetable salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Make something new out of it. You only need a few ingredients and a quarter of an hour spent in the kitchen.
Boiled vegetables and mayonnaise are the basis of every traditional vegetable salad. In addition, there are hard-boiled eggs, pickles, apples, canned peas and even leeks or corn. All housewives have their own recipes for this delicacy, which means that, despite the simple recipe, it is slightly different in each home. However, although we all know it so well, few people know that it can be turned into a great dinner dish. See how vegetables can be given a second life and you will fall in love with them all over again.
What to do with vegetable salad?
Christmas is over and you’re wondering how long the veggie salad can last. It is said that the maximum period of its consumption is 3-4 days, but if you do not manage to eat it during this period, then we have a delicious idea for you. When the shelf life of the salad is coming to an end, you can make a fantastic dinner out of it and: turn the filling into patties. This is a very simple recipe to prepare a hot meal for the whole family. All you need to do is mix it with egg, flour and breadcrumbs, shape it and fry it in oil. Since each salad may have a slightly different consistency, it is better to add the loose ingredients gradually so that we can control the density of the mass. Of course, you can add your favorite herbs and spices to this base to customize the flavor to your liking.
Vegetable salad cutlets – recipe
- 400 g of vegetable salad
- 1 large egg
- about 50 g of breadcrumbs
- about 30 g of wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- half a bunch of onions
- fried oil
1. Wash and finely chop the onion and sift the flour into a large bowl. Break the eggs into a bowl with flour and add the onion and salad greens. Season everything with salt and pepper, then mix until the mass is homogeneous.
2. We leave the mass prepared in this way for 10 minutes so that it gets a better consistency, and after that we make small patties.
3. Fry the vegetable salad cutlets in hot oil and fry on medium heat on both sides until golden.