To be fair, their team camp will be a little nervous going into Saturday’s series decider against Wales after Bloemfontein’s heartbreaking defeat.
Player ratings: Who gets fired who loses!
Although the Springboks have tried their options last weekend, a back-to-back defeat at home to Wales will be seen as a disaster.
In the end, it turned out that there was nothing to fear as the Boxers stepped up physically and ended up beating a plucky Welsh team and once all was said and done, there was no more chance. In the end, South Africa’s 30-14 scoreline may have been flattering for the visitors.
READ | Cape Town lads win try against all blacks in Ireland’s Test series
Notably, Eben Etzebeth was the top pick in his 100th Test, while the likes of Siya Kolisi and Damian Willemse had other great performances.
Check out some of the highlights from the Boks below:
WIN | Answer these 5 easy rugby questions for a chance to win R1 000 in cash!
15 Damian Willemse, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Jaden Hendrikse, 8 Jasper Wiese, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Trevor Nyakane
Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Steven Kitthoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Frank Most, 20 Quaga Smith, 21 Erlilou, 22 Fife de Klerk , 23 Willy Leroux
15 Liam Williams, 14 Louis Rhys-Zammit, 13 George North, 12 Nick Tompkins, 11 Josh Adams, 10 Dan Bigg (captain), 9 Kieran Hardy, 8 Taurupe Faletto, 7 Tommy Reiffer, 6 Dan Lediyat, 5 Adam Beard, 4 Will Rowlands, 3 Dillon Lewis, 2 Ryan Elias , 1 Gareth Thomas
Substitutes: 16 Devillek, 17 Win Jones, 18 Sam Wainwright, 19 Allen Win Jones, 20 Josh Navidi, 21 Thomas Williams, 22 Gareth Anscombe, 23 Owen Watkin
Congrats | EBEN ETZEBETH for asking the question – she said yes!
- Saturday’s Test against Wales will be just the second game between the Cape Town sides.
- The Springboks need 11 points to reach 1,000 against Wales.
- Eben Etzebeth will play in his 100 gamesthSouth Africa and Bongi Mbonambi 50-year-old Test matchth.
- Handre Pollard is currently the record holder for the most penalties against Wales (19), with just seven appearances. Percy Montgomery is second with 10 penalties in nine games against Wales.
- Pollard was one of only three Springboks to complete the drop in the Test match against Wales. He played at Twickenham in London in 2015 (RWC quarter-final), while the other players were Hansey Bruce at Cardiff in 1951 and Leone in Durban in 1964 Earl Wilson.
- Springbok’s starting lineup has a total test cap of654.
- Have212Capitalize on topline with442The upper limit between strikers.There’s another one on the bench99upper limit.
- The average cap for back row players is30,forward55,And the average player on the bench40