Greek-style fish is a must-have dish on a traditional holiday table. So, every year we prepare it in a quantity that we are not always able to eat. What to do with the leftovers of this dish? Katarzhina Bosatska has a delicious idea for this.
iStock/Katarzyna Bosacka I know what I eat Facebook
Do you also have Greek fish in the fridge for Christmas? You don’t have to eat it for the next 2 days until you get sick of it. Get to know the delicious idea of Katarzyna Bosacka and give a second life to this New Year’s dish. Check out how easy it is and be sure to try this recipe in your kitchen.
How to use fish in Greek?
We all know how hard it is to clear all the Christmas stock in a few days. Therefore, we usually distribute the leftovers to our guests after a communal feast or simply freeze them. Some dishes can also be transformed into something completely different by adding just a few ingredients. One such idea was recently shared by Katarzyna Bosatska, showing a clever recipe for fish soup in Greek. As it turns out, The vegetable sauce that covers the pieces of fried fish is a fantastic base for an aromatic cream soup.. And although it consists of native root vegetables, just a few aromatic additions are enough to transform it into a Thai dish.
Thai Fish Soup Greek Style – Recipe by Katarzyna Bosacka
- Greek Fish Vegetables
- 1 can of coconut milk
- some water
- a piece of fresh ginger root
- 1 clove of garlic
- 15 g of spicy curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1. Very gently remove all the vegetables from the fish. Transfer the vegetable sauce to the pot and set the fish aside for later.
2. Put the vegetables in a pot with coconut milk and a little water, mix and heat.
3. When the soup boils, add the peeled ginger, a little chopped garlic clove, curry paste, lemon juice and salt. Mix everything together and cook for a while to combine the flavors.
4. Stir the finished soup into smooth cream and add the tomato paste. Stir again and add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
5. Bake the fish in the oven or microwave, taking care not to let it fall apart.
6. Pour the cream into bowls and put the heated fish pieces on it.